The Connections Project is the largest irrigation modernisation project in Australia. We are investing more than $2 billion to create a sustainable future for productive agriculture in Northern Victoria.
We know this is a legacy project that will ensure the future prosperity of the region for generations to come.
The Project has been undergoing a reset to enable everyone to access water through a connection that is equivalent to their current annual water use.
Benefits for our farmers
- 24/7 water ordering during the irrigation season
- Reliable service delivery
- Fit-for-purpose infrastructure
Benefits for our communities
- Increased investment and confidence in the agricultural sector
- Creation of hundreds of jobs for regional contractors and businesses
- A significant contribution to Victoria’s Murray Darling Basin Plan commitments
Benefits for our future
- Supporting some of Australia’s most innovative farmers to leverage smarter on farm irrigation systems and technology, by delivering water more efficiently to the farm gate
- Creating a modernised irrigation system to benefit future generations
- Healthier waterways due to increased environmental river flows and a range of initiatives to enhance our environment